Are you unhappy with your BECE results? Do you feel that your grades do not accurately reflect your abilities?
If so, you have the option to request for a remarking of your results. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so.
The Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) is a crucial examination for students in Ghana, as it determines whether they will be able to move on to the next level of their education.
However, sometimes students may not be satisfied with their grades and may wish to have their papers remarked.
In this article, we will discuss the cost of BECE remarking in Ghana.
Documents Needed for BECE Remarking in Ghana
Before you can request for a remarking, you will need to gather the following documents:
- A copy of your BECE results
- A copy of your candidate index number
- A completed and signed application form (available on the Ghana Education Service website)
- A fee of GH₵150 for each subject you wish to have remarked
Cost of BECE Remarking in Ghana
The cost of remarking a BECE paper in Ghana varies depending on the number of subjects that a student wishes to have remarked.
According to the Ghana Education Service (GES), the cost of remarking one subject is GH₵150.00 (Ghanaian cedis), while the cost of remarking two or more subjects is GH₵200.00.
It’s important to note that the cost of remarking does not include the cost of transportation for the student or guardian to submit the application for remarking, or the cost of transportation for the student or guardian to pick up the remarked papers.
These costs are the responsibility of the student or guardian.
Step by Step Guide on How to Apply for BECE Remarking in Ghana
In addition to the cost of remarking, there are also other requirements that must be met before a student can have their papers remarked.
- An application form, which can be obtained from the school or district office, must be completed and submitted along with the appropriate fee.
- The original BECE result slip must be submitted along with the application form and fee.
- The application form and original result slip must be submitted within two weeks of the release of the BECE results.
It’s important to note that remarking of papers is not guaranteed, and the final decision on whether or not to remark a paper lies with the GES.
Furthermore, the GES also states that the remarking process may not always lead to an increase in grades.
Remarking of BECE papers in Ghana can be a costly and time-consuming process.
However, for students who are not satisfied with their grades, it may be worth the cost and effort in order to improve their chances of moving on to the next level of their education.
It’s always important to check with the GES or school for the most up-to-date information on the cost and requirements of remarking BECE papers in Ghana.