What Was The Nasim Najafi Aghdam Cause Of Death?

By | March 28, 2023

According to the San Mateo County coroner’s office, the woman who shot and wounded three people at YouTube’s Silicon Valley headquarters died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the heart.

Nasim Najafi Aghdam is one of the non-male mass shooters in US history.

Thirty-nine years old, Aghdam stormed onto the YouTube campus in San Bruno holding a 9-mm handgun on April 3, 2018, and opened fire on a crowd of employees eating lunch in a courtyard.

According to the San Bruno Police Department, four employees were injured at the shooting scene, one with an ankle injury caused by running from the scene and three with gunshot wounds.

She legally possessed and owned the handgun that officers recovered from the crime scene. However, it was unclear from where it was purchased.

On Wednesday, April 5, 2018, San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini said in an interview, “We have a pretty good idea, but we’d like to get some more information before we can definitively say exactly what that motive was. But obviously she was upset with some of the practices or policies that the company had employed.” 

The pathology report of the coroner showed that there were no alcohol or drugs in the suspect’s body that could have affected her mental state.

San Bruno officers said there was no evidence that Nasim Aghdam knew the victims or particularly targeted employees and that animus toward YouTube was likely the motive.

A family member of Aghdam told the police that she was angry with YouTube for shutting down her YouTube channel, a mishmash of workout videos, parody clips, and vegan recipe tips after she violated the YT policies.

However, on her personal website, she complained that YT employees had intentionally limited the number of audiences who viewed her clips, preventing her from making more dollars and spreading messages that promoted veganism.

Her father reported Aghdam missing the day before the shooting because she had not answered her phone in two days.

Mountain View police found her sleeping in her car about 12 hours before the shooting incident, and she told the police that she had left the house because of family personnel matters and was living out of her car until she found a job.

Police said, Aghdam was calm and cooperative and did not mention any anger toward YT or plans to harm others or herself.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *