When it comes to powering homes, businesses and other establishments, generators have become an important source of backup electricity.
In Ghana, with frequent power outages and voltage fluctuations, a good generator can make a big difference in terms of comfort, productivity and cost savings.
If you’re considering buying a generator in Ghana, this article provides an overview of the prices and features of different types of generators available in the market.
Types of Generators in Ghana
There are several types of generators available in Ghana, each with its own unique features and benefits.
The most common types of generators are:
- Portable Generators: These are small, lightweight and easy to transport, making them ideal for outdoor activities, camping trips and other mobile needs. Portable generators typically have a power output ranging from 1,000 to 7,000 watts and can be fueled by petrol or diesel. Prices for portable generators in Ghana range from GHS 500 to GHS 5,000.
- Standby Generators: These are larger and more powerful generators that are designed to automatically take over from the main power supply during a blackout. Standby generators typically have a power output ranging from 7,000 to 20,000 watts and run on either propane or natural gas. Prices for standby generators in Ghana range from GHS 7,000 to GHS 50,000.
- Inverter Generators: These are compact and quiet generators that use advanced inverter technology to produce clean and stable power. Inverter generators are ideal for sensitive electronics, RVs, boats and other mobile applications. Prices for inverter generators in Ghana range from GHS 2,000 to GHS 10,000.
Price of Generator in Ghana?
The average price of a generator in Ghana ranges from GHS 500 to GHS 20,000, depending on the type, brand, power output and other factors.
Factors That Affect Generator Prices in Ghana
There are several factors that affect the prices of generators in Ghana, including:
- Brand: The brand of the generator is one of the most important factors that affects its price. Popular brands like Honda, Yamaha, and Generac offer high-quality generators with superior features and performance, but also come with a higher price tag.
- Power Output: The power output of the generator is another key factor that affects its price. Generators with higher power outputs are typically more expensive, but also more versatile and capable of powering a wider range of devices.
- Fuel Type: The type of fuel used by the generator is also a major factor in determining its price. Petrol and diesel generators are typically cheaper than propane and natural gas generators, but may also require more maintenance and produce more emissions.
- Warranty and Support: The warranty and support offered by the manufacturer is also an important factor that affects the price of the generator. Generators with longer warranties and better support services may be more expensive, but also offer more peace of mind and protection for your investment.
What is the best brand of generator in Ghana?
The best brand of generator in Ghana is subjective and depends on your specific needs and preferences.
Some of the top brands in the market include Honda, Yamaha, and Generac, which offer high-quality and reliable generators with advanced features and performance.
What is the best type of generator for home use in Ghana?
The best type of generator for home use in Ghana is a standby generator, which automatically switches on during a blackout to provide a seamless and continuous supply of power.
Standby generators are also more powerful and versatile, making them ideal for powering multiple devices and appliances in your home.
However, portable and inverter generators may also be suitable for smaller homes or for mobile and outdoor use.
What is the difference between petrol and diesel generators?
Petrol and diesel generators are the two most common types of fuel used by generators.
Petrol generators are typically more affordable and easier to find, but may require more maintenance and produce more emissions.
Diesel generators, on the other hand, are more fuel-efficient and durable, but may be more expensive and harder to find.
What is the difference between a standby and portable generator?
A standby generator is a larger and more powerful generator that is designed to automatically take over from the main power supply during a blackout.
Standby generators are ideal for powering homes and businesses, and typically run on either propane or natural gas.
A portable generator, on the other hand, is a smaller and more mobile generator that is designed for outdoor activities, camping trips and other mobile needs.
Portable generators typically run on petrol or diesel and have a lower power output.
What is an inverter generator?
An inverter generator is a compact and quiet generator that uses advanced inverter technology to produce clean and stable power.
Inverter generators are ideal for sensitive electronics, RVs, boats and other mobile applications, and are typically fueled by petrol.
As you can see, there are many factors to consider when choosing a generator in Ghana, including the type, brand, power output and fuel type.
Whether you need a generator for home use, outdoor activities, or business operations, it’s important to choose a generator that meets your specific needs and budget.
With the information provided in this article, you can make an informed decision and find the best generator for your needs.