At Mckpage, we understand the importance of obtaining a teaching license in Ghana. As such, we have put together this comprehensive guide to help you understand the requirements for the National Teaching Council (NTC) Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE).
The NTC GTLE is a mandatory exam for all teachers in Ghana seeking to obtain a professional teaching license.
The exam is designed to test the knowledge, skills, and competencies of teachers, and to ensure that only qualified individuals are licensed to teach in Ghana.
To be eligible to take the NTC GTLE, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have completed a recognized teacher education institution in Ghana or abroad.
- Have a valid teacher registration number from the National Teaching Council.
- Have completed the mandatory one-year national service or obtained an exemption from the National Service Secretariat.
- Have paid the required examination fee.
To register for the NTC GTLE, follow the steps below:
- Visit the NTC portal at www.exams.ntc.gov.gh.
- Click on the “Teacher Portal Ghana” link.
- Click on the “Register Here” button and follow the prompts to create an account.
- Login to your account and complete the registration form.
- Upload a passport-sized photograph and a scanned copy of your teacher registration certificate.
- Pay the examination fee via mobile money or a bank transfer.
Preparation for the Exam
To prepare for the NTC GTLE, we recommend that you:
- Familiarize yourself with the exam format and content.
- Practice past exam questions to identify areas of weakness.
- Attend review classes or use study materials from reputable sources.
- Study consistently and set achievable study goals.
Passing the Exam
To pass the NTC GTLE, you must achieve a minimum score of 50% in each of the three papers.
If you fail one or both tests, you will be allowed to retake the test(s) in the next available exam session.
Obtaining a teaching license in Ghana is an important step for any teacher seeking to practice in the country.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you achieve your teaching goals.